The Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law is proud to join the National Women’s Law Center’s I Will NOT Be Denied™ campaign to educate the public about the benefits of the health care law and what is at risk if it is repealed. The American public has so much to gain from the Affordable Care Act (ACA), both in improvements to overall health and budgeting.
As we have been noting in our blogs, the ACA is making an enormous impact in people’s lives.
- Millions more Americans can now receive preventive services like mammograms, Pap smears, blood pressure screenings, and immunizations without a co-pay.
- Children with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied insurance coverage.
- Starting in 2014, all health plans will have to include maternity care.
- Young adults up to age 26 can now remain on their parents’ insurance policies.
- Also later this year, all health plans will include easy-to-understand summaries of coverage and a glossary of insurance definitions.
- Seniors will have help paying for their prescriptions, instead of reaching the dreaded Medicare doughnut hole.
These and so many other fantastic provisions in the ACA are worth fighting for. Take a stand and get informed about the new health care bill. Join the campaign, learn the facts about healthcare reform, share the video and tell opponents of affordable care “I Will NOT Be Denied.”™ !