The Illinois Asset Building Group (IABG) is a diverse statewide coalition invested in building the stability and strength of Illinois communities through increased asset ownership and asset protection. IABG believes that every person deserves the opportunity to save and build wealth across his or her lifetime. Through its advocacy efforts IABG is committed to addressing the asset opportunities for low-income individuals and families, including the growing racial wealth gap, and creating safe opportunities for Illinois families to save for their future and the future of their children.
As part of its mission to highlight the importance of asset building, IABG will host a conference, Assets Matter: A Bridge to Economic Security, in Champaign, Illinois, on November 15-16, 2012. Registration is open now! Registration is only $50 for nonprofit organizations and $80 for for-profit organizations. This fee covers admittance to the conference, meeting materials, a cocktail reception on Thursday evening, lunch on Thursday and Friday, and breakfast on Friday. Be sure to register early as there is limited space at the conference venue. Scholarships are available to assist with the cost of registration and travel. Register now.
IABG also invites you to submit a workshop proposal for the conference. Specifically, IABG is seeking workshops that highlight new research in the field, promising asset building practices, products, and/or programs, and policy innovations. IABG encourages proposals from:
- Community organizers and educators working on campaigns to promote asset-building and financial stability issues.
- Program staff and practitioners providing or developing asset-building innovations.
- Researchers/program evaluators conducting research on asset building programs and/or policy issues.
- Advocates engaged in policy development to promote financial stability or consumer protections.
- Financial institution staff offering innovative products and services.
Workshop proposals are due to IABG by COB on September 21st.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn from experts in the asset building field and network with colleagues from around the country.